Getting a MP3 Player
You can download some good MP3 Players at the following addresses:
Netscape Audio/Video Plugins
Configuring Your Browser
Adding the audio/x-mpeg MIME type
- Open the "Options->General Preferences->Helpers" (Netscape 3) or
"Edit->Navigator->Application" (Netscape 4) Dialog.
- Press the "Create New Type..." Button.
- Type "audio" (without the ") (Netscape 3) or "audio/x-mpeg" (without the ")
(Netscape 4) in the Mime Type field.
- Type "x-mpeg" in the Mime SubType field (Netscape 3 only).
- Press "OK" (Netscape 3).
- Add "mp3" in the File Extensions field.
- Press the "Launch the application" radio button.
- Press the "Browse..." button and insert the path to your MP3 Player.
- Go to View - Options - Program Files (tab)
- Click on the File Types button
- Click on New Type
- In description, type Mpeg Layer 3 streamed audio
- In associated extension, type .m3u
- In content type (mime) type audio/x-mpegurl
- Click on the New Button
- In Action type &Open
- In Application used..., type "c:\program files\mp3player\mp3player.exe /l" (or
whatever the path is to your MP3 Player for you)
- Click Ok
- Cick Ok, and you're done. BTW- If you download these .m3u files to
you now can double click on them, and stream the
audio right from the explorer program / file manager!!
Back To Bootleg Index